Monday 1 September 2008

A Place I Call Home

I have told few of my close friends that life in brunei is still something that I am in the process of getting used to. Even my parents are radiantly happy to know that there wont be anymore countries to leave to. And our belongings are still crossing the sea ... although ... for the last time :) . It's still just absolutely hard to believe it for all of us and THAT is how happy I am.

First few days in MD were hard for me. Having to adjust and adapt to the school and new friends was something that I have always hated. However, I know that I have to go through it anyway. So every resentment towards my experiences in MD... well.. I try to push them away and be as optimisitc as possible. Because, I dont want it to degrade me to a child I once was... A child with experiences that made her who she was... one with terrifying 0% self-esteem.

And pushing those resentments was the best medicine to everything. I like MD as it is. I dont care the fact that I have not made much friends but sufficient enough lahh! I know that for the next 8-7 months I will be there, I will continue to be as friendly as I can and grow a better friendship with each of the new friends I will make n have made. Yes, I hardly knew anyone there. Yes, I did experience being lost ALOT with hardly any help. Yes, making friends CAN be tough.... But who cares? Just dont let it degrade me (as I have said).. And no, it will not :)

These are the words that keep my feet on the ground. So yes, Ziq.. I like MD. And compare to the hell I've been through at my previous college... MD holds a me a better chance. LOL. And to people, I know I can be excessively close or friendly. But... making friends is like that?? But yes, people did say I'm naturally like that. And it has its goods n drawbacks. HAHAHA

Hahaha... Like my experience with Lutec (one my besties at MIGS -I MISS YOU, SAY!!). During my very VERY first day at MIGS, the admin had informed of a girl she'd like me to approach. A "buddy", I suppose. And after the morning assembly and getting all lost (as usual)... I saw the back of an indonesia girl who had long hair, swinging from side to side...

Though there were thousands of other indnesians there, I was pretty god damn sure that she WAS Lutec. I dont know why but the way how my feet and my arm were disobeying me, my instincts were definitely trusted atta time AND for that, I didn't regret any bit of it AT ALL because thank god, I was right....

Yes, hahaha .. Lutec got freaked out and ran away, leaving me at the spot feeling disoriented. And then, feeling bad and all... she walked back to me .. and FINALLY brought me to the classroom. HAHAHA .. and there.. began our miraculous friendship. :) Thank You Lutec. I know how it must have scared the hell outta u atta time and I owe you an apology for that. AND TO THE REST OF THE PEOPLE WHOM I HAVE ENCOUNTERED THE SAME AWAY. I know I'm scary. Hahahaha.



Anywayssss~ I just got back home from a family dinner at Aminah Arif. Pictures.. Erm.. So sorry.. I left my camera in the bedroom. Argh! I can't believe a year has passed. And I'm fasting in Brunei??? Gila eh.. so nice rasanyaa.. 1 whole month of ramadhan here. So Excited because this is the moment where families are brought closer as you spend more time with them. If you dont, then you should be.....

I ate Jollibee for the 2nd time in Brunei tadi siang. Hahaha.. at the mall's food court. Discovered that the walk is only 10-15 minutes. Hahaha siuk nii! Tapi the sun was excruciatingly burning me, mannn. Lain bah panasnya.. I felt so tanned just after few seconds under it.. But the great thing about it is that.. (NO, NOT SKIN CANCER!! DUH.. SO PEOPLE DONT GO UNDER THE SUN TOO MUCH) my skin felt quite healthy under those 5 mins of tanning. Haha.. good?

OH YES! TADII .. 2 NEW PEOPLE JOINED US FOR TERAWEH.. SAPA NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???? YES, MY TWO NIECES, ADRIANA & NAJLA.. and you know what mama keep saying, yum!! "Eh bisai eh .. lebih teranah dari si yum sama pijah masa dulu.. atu baru bisai..!" HAHAHA .. but i have to admit.. they really were :P .

And in our defense, we WERE taught by the two monkeys (ham & ram) how to be "inda teranah". HAHAHAa. KAN KAN KAAAAAAAAAANN?

And I love my life.

No comments: