Wednesday 6 August 2008

GoodBye, Malaysia.


A NEW BEGINNING.


My first new post here. Sorry, I've locked my previous blog. Reasons are kept confidential. I thought it'd be great to start a new post with my new life here in Brunei. Yes, Brunei. I am finally here. After 11 years and 7 months of being overseas, I'm home. I'M FINALLY HOME AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS OF LONGING TO LIVE HERE!


6th August.

The day seemed to have gone so quickly yet so long. Woke up at 7am to watch the beautiful sunrise for the last time from S. Brunei. I shall miss this house and the memories lying beneathe it. It's time to move on, I told myself.

I switched on my 3 days old Laptop and played with it till god-knows how long as I was unbothered with the whole packing this and that system. Consequently, ofcourse, my ears were dying to be cut off later by the destructive voice of mum. Many things didn't go as planned during the 1 hour prior to my leave to the airport. Some were:

- Yumni was not home yet.
- Lockpad had to be smashed
(as there were no keys to it. Stupid, ain't I?)
- Perfume placed in my handbag
(Liquids aren't allowed onboard anymore)
- Clothes were not completely put yet.
(Even *something* had to be stuffed into my laptop bag)


Arrived at the airport around 1pm. Got messages from friends. Thank You all. After taking care of the baggage, went with my dear parents and sister to have small lunch at the Food Garden. Food is very satisfying here. I wasn't supposed to eat (ye know, to leave a space for the RBA food) but Mum kept stuffing mer her Briyani. In the end, however, I gave in. "-___-





The K. Teaow .


Again, I missed the "premium lounge". It's my second time but then, it was good to not have entered and ate their food there (inspite how nice it is!!!). Argh, I guess the tickets going there is just for a museum show. So Mami, Papi & Yum sent me till the gate. I could never express how sad I am to leave them because when it all happened, it seemed to be like a milisecond long that I had no time to say how much I'd miss them or even love them. *sigh* but they know it ofcourse. Oh Kwkw... I miss you already. Just don't treat me differently.


The View from the AeroTrain. Sorry, I took it when it was about to move.

As I entered the airplane, the steward pointed my seat at the K02. God Damn it. Am I the only kid here? Haha, you should have seen all these people whose age are atleast 50. No wonder they're staring at me like "what the HELL are you doing here??". Even the stewardess who served me throughout the journey had the same look. Menu was given and I told her my orders.


Goodbye, Msia!

Above the Clouds


The first meal came, and for this... I ordered Hot Chocolate (Nyam!). And in addition, the rest of the class' passengers got peanuts.. except for.. well... ME!?!?!?!?!! You know what they gave me:



OREO! WTH?? I didn't even open it. Ha ha.

HOT CHOCOLATE.

Yum, you should know ... "Made in Honour" was on the personal TV thing here. So I watched it... tapi only for a while! Sound systemnya was so buruk! So I gave up.


Patrick Dempsey

I needed to keep mind off from thinking of you guys so I tried different channels. In the end, I gave up and slept the whole ride off. The food, btw, was ok lahh.. My first choice was Steak and Mushroom Pie (Nyam!) BUTTT.. the old man infront of me got it first so I was given no choice to have the Satay and Nasi Impit. Oh well... Not my kind lahh because I know theirs are not as good as Sate Kajang's! Haha. I couldn't finish it off :( . But what I managed to finish off (though not completely) was.. THE CREME BULE!! NYAM! lol I'd rate it 7/10 .



THE SATAY AND THE IMPITS.


OH NYUM!


So, overall the journey was fine. We came earlier than the ETA which was 4.40pm. Being the first one out, had to rush to the imigration and give the lady my passport.. Waited for 5 seconds. "Bah, boleh tah masuk" said she. It turned out.. she's been saying that for the past 5 secs.. haha, being the brunei-blur I am... my brain just couldn't interpret it yet. I made a smile. It was 4.42pm (Damn, I'm QUICK!). I rushed off to the baggage claim. AND GUESS WHAT? I HAD TO RUN TO BE IN TIME TO IT BEFORE MY BAGGAGE MADE ITS 2nd journey! MY GOD, THIS IS TOO QUICK!! THANK GOD I GOT TO IT EARLY!


The first glimpse of Brunei.


Went out to the "meeting point". Shit. No signs of the little heroines and Ka & Abg. Adi. So I was pushing the trolley from one end to the other. 15 minutes passed as it was 5pm. I began to panic a little.. Could something have happened to them?? So, convinced that there isn't any other way, I saw a happy family.. and interupted them to borrow the Mother's phone. Damn, it was so awkward. In the end she let me do so but later when I finished trying to call my sis (all failed btw), she asked me series of questions. Yes, I lived in KL and yes, I am a Bruneian but you know, not living here for nearly 12 years just give me a hard time talking to you here. Ha Ha.


Walked again to the center, when I finally thought of getting a cab (Is there even a cab here??). But waita... YAY! Found Abg Adi at last!!! Thamk God! Thought I'd get lost and be sold as slave (???). He led me to the car with my nieces dumbfounded to see my appearance. Yes, girls. You are my new housemates. They're still not used to the fact that I'm NOT NOT NOT NOTTTTTTTTTT here for HOLIDAY. But to live. you know?? To move on. Meaning, I will not catch another plane in 2-3 weeks etc because, well... IT ISN'T A HOLIDAY.... Okay, mayb, it's me who can't take it all in just yet.


IT'S ALL HARD TO BELIEVEEE!!! And really.. very very very UNUSUAL.

I went to Hypermarket (or isit Hypermart??) and was so happy to see it was full of bruneians. Even the lady at the Guardian asked me in Bruneian. Haaah, so proud.

Went home then and packed all my stuff and convert Abg Aiman's room into My room. Kaka was trying hard to make it girly WITH ALL THE JUNK STUFF HE KEEPS IN THE DRAWERS. My stuff will be coming in one month time probably. So by then, it WILL be girly. Hehe... Then, Abg Najdi's family came along with Tgh. Anah.


Reunion with the Najs!!! Hehe NAJMA CALII BANARR!! And sooo viciouss!! And it was good seeing Ka Nazirah.. Haven't seen her for 1 year. Had lovely chat with all of them while I bullied the Najma.. hahaha..
Went to bed early that night. 10.30pm. I slept with the kids. I wanted to go online to chat with Kwkw. But sadly, I was too tired and rested my eyes till dawn came.

No comments: